Millard J. Driscoll's Navy World
My Navy story
These are my duty stations. If you served with me or just want to talk about serving at these stations or just have a "sea story" to tell email me.
- Enlisted 27 August 1962 Merrick, L.I., New York
- Aug-Oct 1962 Boot Camp Great lakes, Ill
- Oct-1962-June-1963 Station Hospital, New London, Conn HM Striker Duty
- July-1963-Oct-1963 HM A School Great Lakes, I'll (HN)
- Oct-1963-May-1965 Naval Hospital St. Albans, New York (HN-HM3) duties: Pediatric ward , TB ward, Orthotech 8489 Ortho Clinic
- June-1965-Oct-1967 Station Hospital NOB Bermuda (HM2)
- Nov-1967-Jan-1969 Limited Duty, FMSS & Naval Hospital Camp Pendelton, Calif.
- Jan-1969-Jan1971 Naval Hospital Guam, MI, (HM1) Ortho Clinic LPO
- Jan-Feb 1971 Field Medical Service School student 8404
- Mar-1971-Mar-1972 3rd Marine Division Okinawa, Duties; Divison Aid Station LPO Camp Smedly D. Butler. H&S Co. BAS, LPO 3rd Bn. 9th Marines Camp Schwab.
- Mar-1972-Nov-1975 Inspector & Instructor, Navay & Marine Corps Reserve Center, Cleveland, Ohio, (HMC Jan 1975, Commissioned Temporary Ensign, Medical Service Corp Oct-1975
- Nov-1975-June-1980 U. S. Naval Regional Medical Center Naples, Italy, Duties: Chief, Operating Managemet Officer (Ens-Ltjg) 1978 Permanent HMCS Chief Patient Affairs, (LT)
- July-1980-June-1983 Medical Programs Manager Naval Reserve Readiness Command Region 7, Charleston, SC. Assigned additional duty to Region 6, Washington, D.C. & Region 8, Jacksonville, Fla. Permanent HMCM-1982 Augmented permanent LT, MSC-1982
- Jul-1983-June-1986 U. S. Hospital, Charleston, SC. (LCDR) Duties: Head, Manpower Management Dept.
- July-1986-Feb-1990 Officer-in-Charge, Branch Medical Clinic, Marine Corp Air Station, Beaufort, SC.
- Retired Feb 1, 1990